For my social media project, I put together a presentation on
YouTube. Maybe you’re familiar with YouTube because you have watched a video or
maybe you have even posted a video on YouTube previously.
From my own experience, YouTube is something that I have
used to share performances with friends and family. I love to sing and this was
a vehicle I could use to share with family and friends who lived far away from
where I was. (I’m sure on some level back then I was hoping to be ‘discovered’,
too.)
Some things that I learned in research and along the way
with using YouTube include the purpose of having your own channel. The easiest
way I can explain this is to consider the various channels you watch on TV.
These TV channels typically have their own set of shows that they own and air.
Similarly, your channel on YouTube is your place where you can share and air
your own ‘shows’ or videos.
One other valuable item I learned while using YouTube,
especially from an organizational standpoint, is to consider privacy and having
a waiver or form. If you’re producing a video on YouTube for a company, please
consider having those in the video sign a waiver that says it is OK for you to
show that video publicly.
YouTube is certainly a place where you can share with the
world what you want. But, do be cautious of what you post as it is a public place.
No comments:
Post a Comment