Saturday, February 8, 2014

Adobe Connect: YouTube

Webinars—if you haven’t done one, you should strongly consider doing one! Whether you’re participating or presenting, the platform is different and unique compared to a regular classroom-setting presentation.

Recently, I presented a webinar using Adobe Connect on YouTube. To begin, I was not quite sure what to expect in terms of whether classmates would show up, whether the technology would work fully, or whether I would even be nervous presenting. I’m an individual who has done a lot of presenting in previous classes, singing on stage in front of hundreds of people, and have a personality that is not easily frightened by being in front of others. Using Adobe Connect made the nervous element melt away as you cannot see anyone and essentially it feels like you’re just talking ‘at’ your computer.

The presentation went well. I was concerned with staying within my time limit which I did go over on by several minutes. But, overall, a very basic demonstration of YouTube a little about its purpose and some common uses for organizations.

One aspect of Adobe Connect that I enjoyed and felt enhanced my experience and the experience of my peers was the fact that you can upload content into the main part of the program allowing the other individuals to see a presentation. One aspect of Adobe Connect that was somewhat challenging at times was the technical elements. It seemed as though at times I would have trouble getting my microphone to work or others wouldn’t be able to see my presentation.

Overall, however, the program worked well and was a very easy platform to use for Webinars or presentations in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment