Monday, January 13, 2014

Social Media: The Beauty and the Beast

If you’re anything like me, you’re probably familiar with most social media platforms, you can navigate them fairly easily, and you’re able to get answers to question you have quickly. Personally, I’m on Facebook, I use Twitter occasionally, I Instagram my daily workouts, but what about social media and the work place?

I work for an organization where information is highly confidential, with strict compliance regulations, and sometimes feel as though social media is a waste of time. I’m looking forward to this term being an opportunity to gain a fresh perspective on what social media and the professional workplace can look like. While I share in being frustrated at times, there are many opportunities to grow and develop and learn about what social media can do for the business I work for now, but also as an individual seeking to develop myself and my abilities for any other jobs I may have in the future.


Social media is a beauty and a beast all in one. It can do so much good and be incredibly damaging as well. My hope is that learning how to best use different social media platforms effectively will challenge me to grow and develop the business I am in currently in some new ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment